- Teacher: Mrs Schrecker
- Teaching Assistant: Miss Ali
Welcome to Year 2's Class Page!
Here you will find important information about the school week, exciting news and pictures of the activities we've enjoyed throughout the school year.
Information for Parents and Guardians
Our PE day is Wednesday, please ensure your child brings an appropriate kit to school with them (white t-shirt, black jogging bottoms/leggings or shorts and trainers). This can be left in school on their peg and sent home every half term or sooner if needed.
Reading books should be changed weekly. They need to bring their books in on Wednesday and new ones will be sent home on Friday - these are in line with the phonics scheme. If they receive a book they have read before, it is so they can consolidate their learning. Please sign their record so we know about the amazing reading they have been doing at home!
The children have also been set up with a Rockerbox log in. There's lots of fantastic opportunities for reading and comprehension for them to practise on here. If they need a new one, please just let me know.
Spellings are also sent home on Fridays and will be based on their phonics or spelling pattern they will be learning the following week. Please take some time to read and practise these. Information about the phonics your child is learning that week will also be sent home to help you support your child’s learning. It is important to practise phonics with your child each week, and you can find some useful activities on the parent sheet.
- In English, we are currently exploring the beautiful book - 'The Ice Bear' by Jackie Morris
- In Maths, we are building up our addition and subtraction skills, ensuring we know the best strategies to help us answer more complex problems.
- In Science we have been learning all about materials, their properties and uses and even all about a famous scientist - Charles Mackintosh - what did he invent?
- In History, we have just finished off our Castles topic and can describe what a Motte and Bailey or Concentric castle is!
- In Religion, we have started learning about mysteries of the faith. So far we have explored what is meant by the Holy Trinity and the amazing news Mary received from Angel Gabriel. We also enjoy going to mass in Church, our children-led class worships and weekly hymn practice.
- In PSHE, we have been focusing on anti-bullying and what we can do if we see or are being bullied - MAKE A NOISE!
- Rockerbox: www.students.myrockerbox.com
- BBC Bitesize: www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
- TopMarks: www.topmarks.co.uk/
- Phonics Play: www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources