Teacher: Mrs Schrecker (Maternity cover)
Teaching Assistant: Mr Oakley
Welcome to Year 2's Class Page!
Here you will find important information about the school week, exciting news and pictures of the activities we've enjoyed throughout the school year.
Information for Parents and Guardians
Our PE days is Thursday, please ensure your child comes to school in appropriate kit (white t-shirt, black jogging bottoms/leggings or shorts and trainers).
Reading books should be changed weekly on Fridays - these are in line with the phonics scheme. If they receive a book they have read before, it is so they can consolidate their learning.
The children have also been set up with a Rockerbox log in. There's lots of fantastic opportunities for reading and comprehension for them to practise on here.
Spellings are also sent home on Fridays and will be based on their phonics or spelling pattern they will be learning the following week. Please take some time to read and practise these. Information about the phonics your child is learning that week will also be sent home to help you support your child’s learning. It is important to practise phonics with your child each week, and you can find some useful activities on the parent sheet.
- We are currently exploring the features of adventure stories in our latest English topic, focusing on 'Sara's Grandad'.
- In Maths, we are practising our multiplication and division skills, ensuring we have lots of strategies to help us solve problems.
- In Science we have been learning about plants and living things, growing our own bulbs and are currently completing an experiment about what seeds need to grow effectively!
- As Street Detectives, in Humanities, we have been learning about our local area, reading maps, human and physical features and local artists.
- In Religion, we have been learning about the structure of mass and enjoy going to Church every other week. We also enjoy our children-led class worships and weekly hymn practice. Father Kevin kindly came to visit us and helped answer many deep questions the children wanted to know.
- In PSHE, we have been focusing on children's mental health and exploring ways we can stay safe when using the internet.
BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
Phonics Play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources